I’ve decided to use my Google Reader account to share my favorite blog goings-on with you each Sunday1. Here are my favorite items and my comments. You can always see what I’m reading at my Google Reader Public Page. Visit Authentic Parenting for more Sunday Surfing!
- They should feel guilty for not breastfeeding!at Lactivist Leanings – I agree with this. Lactivists aren’t fighting against other moms – we are fighting against society’s barriers to breastfeeding.
- connection parenting at this inspired life – “Either we spend time meeting children’s emotional needs by filling their love cup or we will spend time dealing with behaviors caused by their unmet needs. Either way we spend the time.” Enough said.
- carbon neutral blogs… at living peacefully with children – How could I not do this?!? It is a win win for bloggers that want to create a better environment.
- Kids Yoga Activities: Old MacDonald Went to Yoga at Be Present Mama – How wonderful to introduce yoga with music. This seems to follow closely with what we do in Kindermusik – which has been so beneficial in our lives!
- Parenting Positively at Musings of Mommy Bee – I love this post. First it brings up an excellent point about they way children hear us. I also think that framing things in a non-negative way i wonderful. Second, I love that this post give specific examples so it is easy to translate into your daily life.
- If you are interested in how to do this: Subscribe in Google Reader which lets you “share with a note.” Use the note to put in your take on the post. Publish a “clip” of your shared items in blogger. In wordpress, I’m using a Google Reader widget (on my sidebar). Now, for a permanent post (where the links won’t update every time I add something new) like this one I just copy the sidebar widget and paste into a single post. Voila ↩